Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sleepyheads make bad movie watchers.

I was so pumped to watch Werner Herzog's Nosferatu the Vampyre last night. I, like many of my fellow employees at Reckless, have a giant crush on/have much admiration for Werner, and I couldn't wait to see Klaus Kinski portray Count Dracula. Unfortunately, I had a very long day yesterday which, combined with the past few nights of restless sleep due to too many horror movies, caused me to fall asleep about 20 minutes into Nosferatu. I would wake up every 45 minutes or so and try to rewind and watch what I'd missed, but then I'd just fall back asleep again. Finally, around 3:00 AM, I woke up to what must have been a scene near the end and decided I'd just have to try again later.

When waking up in the middle of the night so often, "waking up" is a relative term. I never really felt awake, and I never really fell into a restful sleep. This resulted in some very very strange dreams...

Anyways, sorry for no update yesterday, and I'm going to ACTUALLY watch Nosferatu later today. Don't worry, I'll also watch another one! Thanks for reading and I'll be back this afternoon with more.


P.S. I'm at Reckless Video watching Monster House and absolutely loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment