Thursday, October 21, 2010

Number Eighteen: Evil Dead II

I decided not to watch the first The Evil Dead movie and just go straight for Evil Dead II. After watching, and loving, this movie, my next rental is going to be the first movie.

My first impression of Evil Dead II is that it's like Beetle Juice on steroids. It's totally campy, Bruce Campbell is totally cheesy, and the animation/claymation is totally, awesomely low-budget (especially noticeable on Blu-ray). I love everything about this movie. Very gruesome and darkly funny. And, like Murder Party, it involves a chainsaw, which is my personal favorite weapon-of-choice in over-the-top horror movies.

Another Sam Raimi horror film that is definitely worth watching is Drag Me To Hell. It has much better effects, but is still self-aware of its own cheesiness and humor.

My head has been filled with snot and decongestants the past few days, meaning I am incapable of coherent thoughts, so here are some relevant photos that I thought were awesome. Thanks, Google image search!

My favorite zombie- the mounted buck head on the wall of the cabin comes alive. I could not stop laughing for a good five minutes after I saw this scene.

Lego version of Ash (Bruce Campbell).

The world's ugliest dog is really one of the zombies from Evil Dead II. Who knew?

Time for some more decongestants and the third installment, Army of Darkness.

1 comment: